Advise from your advisor:
- Get to know your instructors – visit each of them in their offices at least once a term to ask questions about material you find difficult or to pursue ideas in more depth.
- Meet with an academic adviser each year.
- Create an advising folder to organize your advising-related materials (e.g. degree audits, schedule plans, notes from advising meetings) and keep it updated.
- Read your email regularly. This is how the Health Science advisors will communicate with you about curriculum changes, scholarships, announcements, and department events.
- Check the blog regularly. This is where the majority of job and internships opportunities will be posted.
- Before making an appointment with an advisor, go to our department website. The entire curriculum and internship directions can be found on the website. By going here first, your advising appointments will be more tailored to your individuals needs and the advising time will be better spent talking about your individual situation.